Close this search box.
Close this search box.


By Fernanda Stefani

If you are an European national living in the UK and wish to stay in the UK after Brexit, we explain below one of the ways you can apply for settlement status in order to be able to continue living in the UK after Brexit.

It is estimated that there are about 3 million EU citizens living in the UK who will need to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme.

What is the EU Settlement Scheme?

The scheme processes the applications of European Union (EU) citizens currently living in the UK to allow them to remain in the UK after Brexit went live on 21 January. If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen currently living in the UK, you will have to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme by 30 June 2021 in order to be allowed to stay in the country.

Who can apply?

If you are an EU citizen, EEA or Swiss citizenship living or if you’re not a citizen from the EU, EEA or Switzerland by your family member is.

Do I need to apply?

You only need to apply if you do not have indefinite leave to remain. If you have indefinite leave to enter or to remain in the UK or are an Irish citizen, you do not need to apply.

What is the process like?

At Coppola Law we can advise you and assist you with the application process. The first step is a 10 minute telephone consultation where we will take instructions in order to determine your eligibility for the application. We will then provide you with a list of documents you will need to bring with you if you wish us to proceed with the application process.

We will then book you in for a 1 hour appointment for you to come in to one of our offices (Palermo, Alcamo, Castellammare del Golfo or London) with the document and we will carry out the application process online. 

What is the cost?

We work on a fixed fee in order to provide you with certainty and transparency on costs. Our fee to carry out the application for EU settled status start at € 500.00 per person.

Can I apply for citizenship next?

Once you are granted settled status, you can apply for citizenship after living in the UK for a continuous period of 12 months.




You can see it on


Coppola Studio Legale esperto in Diritto Inglese. Visita il nostro sito inglese